Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Black Hair: What's Hot Now: Hair Butter Review

Black Hair: What's Hot Now
These articles that had the largest increase in popularity over the last week // via fulltextrssfeed.com
Hair Butter Review
Jan 11th 2012, 11:07

If you like some hold in a hair product as well as moisture, this natural Hair Butter may be what you need. Find out how to use Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Butter for the best results for your natural or relaxed hair.

Characteristics

First, one of the great things about Karen's Body Beautiful products is that you can choose the scent. I know there are other natural hair care products out there with a love-it-or-hate-it odor; they work wonderfully, but the smell leaves much to be desired.

Not so with Karen's Body Beautiful. You pick the scent you want, so you should be able to find something you love. I tried the Hair Butter in the Creamy Coco Mango fragrance and it smells as delicious as it sounds.

This Hair Butter is very thick. It's not creamy; when you look at it in the container, it's opaque and has the consistency similar to a hard paste. However, once you take out a small sample and work it between your fingers, it melts and becomes clear.

How to Use It

Use this on dry hair. It works particularly well for adding sheen and a little bit of control to two-strand twists and braids. There's no need to use a lot. When I use it on my natural hair for twisting, I take a small amount on a fingertip, rub it between my fingers and then run it down the length of a hair section. I also place a dab on the ends for extra moisture.

You can also use it to smooth down a hairline. I have to spritz my hairline first with water, then melt some Hair Butter in my palms before smoothing it over my hair. Maybe because I live in a humid climate, I don't get a great amount of hold this way (my hair is already naturally frizzy). It would probably work better on smoothing relaxed hair, but because it's so thick, I wouldn't recommend using it all over if you want to keep your straightened hair bouncy and light.

You definitely have to melt it in your hands before applying it to your hair or it will show up as white bits that you'll then need to brush in well.

Final Verdict

Use it for twisting, braiding or smoothing. If you like your twist-outs to have more hold, however, you'll have to use another product in addition to this one, depending on how frizzy your hair is.

I love this Hair Butter for the scent and the light hold it offers. It leaves the hair soft and not crunchy or hard at all. It makes my hair feel moisturized without being greasy or heavy. If your hair is natural and you like using natural products, this is a good one to try, but it's also good for smoothing down flyaways in relaxed hair and adding sheen.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment