Friday, 13 January 2012

Black Hair: If at First You Don't Succeed...

Black Hair
Get the latest headlines from the Black Hair GuideSite. // via fulltextrssfeed.com
If at First You Don't Succeed...
Jan 13th 2012, 05:48

When trying out new products, how many trials do you give them before giving up? In my really bad product junkie days, I'd try something out once -- if it didn't give me the results I wanted, under the sink it went. Not surprisingly, the space underneath my bathroom sink soon became clogged and unmanageable. Bottles, jars, cans and more began piling up in my little cabinet graveyard.

Since then, I've learned a thing or two about testing new hair stuff. I try it once. Doesn't work the way I want? I try it again. Maybe I need to try it with soaking wet hair or freshly shampooed hair. Maybe it works fine if I use something else with it.

I know, this sounds like a lot of experimentation and it is. But if I'd given up on coconut oil the first time I used it (without doing research), it may have ended up in my dark under-the-sink space next to some mousse I had no business buying.

Luckily, I did some reading up on it, so I wasn't dismayed to find out it didn't make my hair super soft the first time I put in on my fresh-out-the-shower head. It did feel slightly rough, which probably would've made me panic if I wasn't expecting it. But once my hair dried, it was soft and not weighed down. Since then, I know that coconut oil on my wet hair isn't going to feel fantastic, but once it dries, I get good results.

So today's lesson is: Don't give up on a hair product if you only use it once. Try it again. And once again. I think a minimum of three trials will give you a better idea on whether or not it's a keeper.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment